- Controller: QuietOn Ltd., VAT Number FI27438854
- Address: Hakamaantie 18 90440 Kempele Finland
- Person in charge: Pekka Sarlund, email@example.com
- Name of register: QuietOn Customer Register
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this Website and QuietOn Customer Register. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
How do we use your data?
By using the website and by providing your personal data you consent to QuietOn using the data collected to meet our commitments to you and to provide you with the service you expect. We need your personal data for the following purposes:
- Deliver products that you have ordered and collect payments.
- Provide customized service to you
- Manage customer relations and for the provision of good customer service and if necessary for the purpose of detecting, preventing or investigating a technical fault or error in the communications
- Operate and maintain your account, and to provide you with access to the services that you may request from time to time. Your email address and password are used to identify you when you log into your account.
- Conduct research and collect statistics, analyse the use of the Website and improve our services in case the analysis cannot be made by other means without undue difficulty and provided that no individual natural person can be identified in the analysis.
- Contact you via email in the future to tell you about specials, new products or services.
We process personal data and identification information in accordance with Finnish Personal Data Act (523/1999, as amended) and Finnish Information Society Code and other applicable legislation based on the contract (or other relevant connection between you and us, such as the use of our services), your consent or the legitimate interest pursued by us, such as marketing.
What are your rights?
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you. If your data is incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant you can ask to have the information corrected or removed. The request to must be made in writing to QuietOn and it must be signed. You can withdraw your consent to us using the data for marketing purposes at any time.
Who has access to the data?
We do not sell your information to third parties. We do, however, share data with third parties when necessary to fulfil a transaction, complete a service, for administrative purposes, or when required by law.
Your Account Information
You can access your personal account to update your personal data. Please note, however, that your personal account information is protected by your user name and password. It is your responsibility to maintain the security of your username and password as any actions taken while logged into your account will be your responsibility.
How do we protect your data?
We take precautions to protect your information. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
Your information is protected both online and offline. We use technical and organizational measures to protect personal data and identification information against unauthorized access, transfer, deletion and other handling that may compromise security. Such methods include the use of firewalls, encryption technologies and safe server rooms, proper access control systems, the controlled provision of user rights and supervision of their use, providing instructions for data processors, and the thorough selection of competent subcontractors who comply with industry standards for information security management.
Only appointed personnel of QuietOn and of companies operating on behalf of QuietOn are entitled to use personal data and identification information. All persons processing the personal data and identification information have a personal right of use granted by QuietOn.
What data do we collect?
We collect two types of information from visitors to the Websites: (1) Personal data and (2) Non-personal data.
“Personal data” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, and sometimes your Internet Protocol (IP) address. We may collect this information when you create a profile on our Websites, visit our Websites or complete a purchase. We process and use identification information only to the extent permitted by the law and primarily for providing the service to you.
“Non-personal data” can be technical in nature. It does not identify you personally. There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of the Website or using web analytics services. This information includes but is not limited to:
- the site that you visited immediately prior to visiting the Website
- the specific actions that you take on the Website, including the pages that you visit
- the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Website
- your browser type and operating system
- the nature of the device from which you are accessing the Website, for example, whether you are accessing the Website from a personal computer or from a mobile device.
We do not collect any personal data directly from individuals under the age of 16. If we discover that any such information is in our possession, we will delete it. We encourage parents to be involved in the internet activities of their children to ensure that no information is collected from a child without parental permission.
Changes to Policy
Notification to the Data Protection Ombudsman
Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman
P.O. Box 800
Tel: +358 29 56 66700 (exchange)
Last update 10/02/2017