– “ Every time when I am travelling by plane, I can’t bear the noise, it is so loud and I can’t sleep there.”
– “ I have to face with all kinds of industrial noise in our factory, sometimes I have the feeling of tinnitus after work.”
– “ I was writing an important document, but the office is filled with typing sounds, printing sound. It is so hard for me to concentrate.”
– “ I stayed up late yesterday for work and today I had to get up early, but it is so crowded on the bus and the engine is making noise all the time I couldn’t even take a short nap on my way to work.”
– “ I work in the train station in Shanghai, and everyday there are on average 170 thousands of visitors coming and leaving from here. I have to be in this kind of noise environment everyday, and I really feel fainted and dizzy sometimes.”
Have you ever experienced these situations? Do you have these feelings ?
In our daily life, noise is everywhere, mostly from construction, transportation, industrial environment or even bad weather, such as strong wind and heavy rain. Most people are quite used to these noise, especially in big cities, the noise is just like the “ background music ” of the city. People usually may not pay too much attention to noise, because it happens everyday, being as daily sounds. However, noise is considered to be a kind of environmental pollution, which is the third serious pollution after air pollution and water pollution. Suffering noise in long period will have negative effects to our health.
Specifically, noise effects our sleep harmfully. 1/3 of our life is spent during sleep. Sleep is a significant part in our life. It helps us to allay tiredness, recover energy and keep healthy. However, noisy environment will make people wake up easily and be insomnic. In this perspective, old people are highly sensitive to noise. When sleep is disturbed, both your work efficiency and health will be affected as well. According to a research, continuous noise can speed up the process of deep sleep to light sleep. It also makes people dream a lot, and shorten the time of deep sleeping.
In general, 10% people can be affected by a continuous noise of 40 dB; 50% people can be affected by a continuous noise of 70 dB. A sudden noise of 40 dB can wake 10% people up; when it reaches to 60 dB, it will wake 70% people up. Long-term interference with noise will cause sleeplessness, fatigue, hypomnesis, and neurasthenia. Especially in high noise environment, the incidence of these diseases can be 50%-60%.
In addition, noise is bad for hearing. Noise might cause tinnitus, deaf and hearing loss. Usually when the noise is over 55 dB, people will feel annoyed. If people are long-term in touch with noise over 85 dB, the possibility of being deaf after 40 years is 20%.
HOW QUIETON EARPLUGS CAN HELP DEALING WITH LOW FREQUENCY NOISES (i.e TRAFFIC NOISE, FACTORY NOISE, ENGINE NOISE…)
QuietOn with Active Noise Cancelling technology make a big difference at low frequencies, such as the hum of airplane engines, construction sites or normal background noise. For instance, airplane cabin noise sounds like a faint hum while wearing QuietOn earplugs. The earplugs significantly reduce stress levels caused by constant airplane cabin noise, traffic noise, or industrial noise.